Tuesday, December 29, 2009

We wish you a Merry Christmas.

We put up our Christmas tree in the middle of November right after we purchased it from Target. It's a magnificent 3' Ernie Pine Tree (pre-lit!) and looked really Charlie Brown-esque at the store. With some extra lights and tiny ornaments, however, I think it looks pretty stellar. We made Chiles en Nogada (a.k.a. Chiles in Walnut Sauce) last week. Those red things on top are pomegranate seeds. This is probably the hardest thing I've ever cooked in my life, but it ended up being very delicious. Thanks to Hannah for roasting the peppers over a burner!
Jason and his DMB shirt. We had a wonderful Christmas morning!

Some highlights:
Jason got me a fantastic watch and some killer perfume (and gloves, so my hands will stay warm walking from the metro station to the Hill)
We got to talk to Jason's immediate family in the morning and then to his extended family--including Grandma Funny!--in the afternoon. We're getting excited to see them while we're back east.
Christmas dinner/night with the Pullans was phenomenal! Because our flight was changed, I don't think we'll be able to see everyone on New Year's Eve, so it was nice to spend some time with them on Christmas.
No work!

We hit Jason Barrett's homecoming on Sunday. His talk was muy bueno. I love the crazy-eyed dog in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment