Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Last week recap

So...I had all sorts of good intentions about posting pictures from the last week. However, something is wrong with the internet or blogger or my browser; for some reason, the pictures won't load normally and look like this:
Yep, our disembodied heads visited the Supreme Court. I like how you can see my arm and hand also.
Here is a lovely one of my mom and I with multi-colored faces.
I'll try to get this worked out so I can post some excellent-looking pictures; we took pretty great ones. For now, I will do a written recap.

Thursday
Mom and Dad flew into BWI in the afternoon. Jason and I metroed out to my Aunt Kathleen's house to see them and Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Bruce.
Friday
We all met up at the Supreme Court for class. Afterward, we got to see the room where cases are argued. I think this was one of my favorite Fridays. Following class, we went to Good Stuff Eatery for a Barack-a-burger (just kidding! It's really called an Obamaburger. Poor Mom!) and onion rings. My stomach is growling just thinking about it. FYI: if anyone else wants to come visit us soon, we'll go there with you.
After lunch, we went on a tour of the Capitol. My parents went to the McClellands for dinner and to see Sara's fam and Jason and I watched basketball with other marrieds of the Barlow Center.
Saturday
Jason and I had to go to a service project at 7:15 a.m. It took an hour and a half to get to the food bank, where we loaded one-pound units of dry pinto beans into plastic sacks. Our group worked hard and fast--too fast, actually, for the administrators of the food bank to keep up with. We finished around 9:30 and were excited to get back. Little did we know that a delayed bus (thank you, marathon!) extended our home-bound trip to two hours. We met up with my parents and had some lunch before heading to the WWII memorial. That evening, we watched the second round BYU basketball game at my parents' hotel.
Sunday
We hit up stake conference in the McLean ward, where the stake president was released. Afterward, we went to the capitol and listened to some of the health care arguments in the House chamber. It was incredibly cool; we saw Jason Chaffetz, Jesse Jackson, and Speaker Pelosi! When we came out, we walked down the back side of the capitol where there were thousands of protesters marching up to the capitol. A bunch of people took pictures of Jason as we walked by, which seemed odd. We didn't realize what was going on, though, until a woman asked if he had voted yet. It turns out that as the only person on the national mall dressed in a dark blue suit and tie, he looked just like a Member of the House! It was crazy; everyone was staring at him and some guy thanked him for being there. It was hilarious.
I baked some macaroni and cheese for dinner (and I just have to brag for one second: it was cheddar/gouda/mozzarella/provolone/parmesan macaroni and cheese). Delicious.
Hopefully I'll get some pictures of our adventures loaded soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment