Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Listening to our Cougars beat SDSU...

...is what we are doing right now. Well, we're also kind of doing homework. I don't think either activity is getting our complete attention. Later tonight we may run up to our neighbor's house for some birthday cake and ice cream.
Today was a good day. Jason went to a conference called "Mexico's Financial System and the Impact of the Global Reception." He didn't get lunch this time, but they did have coffee at registration. He had a good time and learned a lot AND brought home a documentary about Mexican migrants. We'll watch it tomorrow.
When I arrived at work this morning, someone (the intern coordinator, it turns out) had left tootsie rolls on all of the interns' desks. It was a nice surprise! After work, Jason and I made al pastor burritos with these amazing chipotle/jalapeno-flavored tortillas from Trader Joe's. Yum.
I'm in the middle of my first Amy Tan novel right now and am really enjoying it. It's crazy how much reading you can get done during a daily hour-long commute.
Well, I'm finished with my homework now, so I think I'll try to finish the Washington Post crossword puzzle (an as-of-yet-unrealized feat)(only because I have standards about using the Internet to cheat)(and often do other things instead of the crossword or fall asleep mid-clue) before cake and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment