Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thomas and Franklin

I have tried several (hundred) times to get all of our pictures from yesterday onto the blog, but something is just not working. It's unfortunate, because the photos include a shot of me and the cutest statue dog in the world and Jason with a giant. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.
Right now I can catch up on yesterday, though. We walked to the Jefferson Memorial (approximately 2.5 miles) and then came back through (inadvertently) the FDR Memorial. We didn't even realize he had a memorial, so it was an exciting revelation.
Without further ado, here are the five pictures that actually loaded.




We really enjoyed the TJ memorial. They were doing construction, which is kind of funny because I swear they were doing construction when I was here at age 8. Perhaps not, but that's what I remember. Anyway, it was a beautiful day and it was nice to get out of the apartment for a little while.
We walked back the other way, through the FDR memorial. I will post pictures of it later, I guess. It was cool--definitely not your typical stone wall or statue DC memorial (although it technically incorporates both of those elements in new and interesting ways)(and there's the cute dog statue).
Dave Frost alerted us to a website where we could watch the BYU vs. New Mexico game online, so we hurried home for the 4:00 PM tipoff. I think the game took years off my life--it was so intense! Afterward, we had dinner and Jason did our taxes.
Today after sacrament meeting we were asked to be the nursery-monitors for the day. There was only one little nursery-goer, a little gal named Tatiana. She didn't really talk--and when she did we thought she might be speaking French--but was pretty adorable. She liked playing telephone and waking Jason from his "nap" and baking us potato chips in the little kitchen. After church, our ward had another munch and mingle, which did not disappoint. Now we're chilling at the apartment, enjoying our Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment