Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Things that happened on February 23

Highlights of today:
1. I met the Israeli Ambassador to the United States. He had a meeting with the Senator late this afternoon and the scheduler asked if I would go meet him in front of our building. I went out pretty early and spent 20-ish minutes very cold. The whole time I was waiting, I was worrying that I wouldn't be able to identify the ambassador, even though I had looked up his info+picture on the internet. Well, when a giant black car with "Diplomat" license plates drove up and a security guy hopped out, I put two and two together. I met and introduced myself to the ambassador and his staff and accompanied them inside. At security, the guard asked who he was, then informed me that he'd have to accompany us through the building. Yes, I led a contingent of an ambassador, an Israeli staff, and a capitol police officer through the building. Proud moment.
2. We passed our cleaning check.
3. I got to call every high school in Utah today to find out the capacity of their respective auditoriums. We're looking for town hall venues. I was surprised by how many school receptionists were reticent about giving such benign information. When I explained my purpose, however, most lightened up.
4. Our heater is working.
5. Tomorrow is Wednesday. Time flies when you're having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment