Friday, April 16, 2010

Beautiful morning

I accidentally got up early this morning and didn't want to go back to sleep, so I ran to the Lincoln Memorial. It's only a mile, and I arrived around 7:20 a.m. No tourists had arrive yet and the sun was just peeking around the Washington Monument. I could see the Capitol dome and the Library of Congress; it was stunning. I walked around for a little while and just thought about the wonderful experiences we've had out here over the past three and a half months. As I was leaving, I took a great picture on my phone, which of course will have to just stay on my phone forever, as I can't ever sync it with my computer. Anyway, ask to see it and I will show it to you. On the way back, I ran past my Uncle Charlie, which was an odd coincidence.

I'm so glad to have had that experience. It seemed like the perfect way to start our last day in DC.

1 comment:

  1. Are you feeling a little bittersweet like Jake was? I'm glad you got to have that experience this morning. Enjoy your last night in DC.
    See you Sunday evening. (: or :)

    ReplyDelete