Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lovely Tuesday

Highlights of today (clearly in no particular order):
1. I talked to Roni online for a few moments this morning.
2. Jason had a great day at work.
3. We are listening to the UConn basketball game a.k.a. the NCAA final.
4. We had delicious gnocchi for dinner.
5. Today's temperature was in the 80s. I ate lunch outside in the glorious sun. When I went inside, I had little blossoms stuck in my hair. I was still finding them when I left work.
6. I gave a tour and it went well, despite a stroller. I have never dealt with a wheeled vehicle before, but located the elevators quite handily. Thank you, Capitol tour training!
7. Tomorrow I get to go on a tour of the Pentagon.
8. We received an invitation today for the Barlow Center Prom. It made me laugh aloud.
9. We are going to eat mint ice cream soon (or at least, so I have been told).
10. A cool breeze is blowing in through our open window. I love warm evenings.
11. I finished an awesome book called Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea. I always thought I was a voracious reader until I met Jason, who constantly out-reads me. Thanks to a thirty-five minute commute, I have been able to read a ton on this trip. I just finished Northanger Abbey (for which Jason taunted me. He doesn't appreciate a good Jane Austen). I had pretty low expectations, but it was great! I think it's amazing how Jane Austin, writing in the early nineteenth century, can so accurately capture human (more particularly, female) nature. Awesome. I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. I have to go look up gnocchi....what is that?? I do believe you are spoiling my son, a.k.a. your husband;) Oops, there's a winky face:)

    ReplyDelete