Thursday, April 8, 2010

Homework night with the Frosts

Good thing we just ate ice cream, or I might be a little bit sad about the sheer volume of homework we have yet to do. Instead, I am choosing to not think about it. Unhealthy? Possibly, but I just want to uninhibitedly enjoy this last weekend in DC and our time with Jason's parents (who arrive tomorrow! Hurray! I'm so glad I like my in-laws!).
I forgot to write about the highly important task I completed yesterday: picking up the Senator's prescription. Who knew there was a Capitol pharmacy? Not I.
The most exciting thing that happened to me was that I received flowers at work! Florists are not allowed to bring flowers into the office, so staffers must go out to the curb, pick them up, and bring them back to the office. I'm not sure why that procedure exists, but it does. Anyway, our office received a call from a florist saying there was a delivery for "Abigail Frost and Julia Engar" (Julia is the front desk receptionist who schedules tours. She is awesome). The receptionist figured they probably meant "Amanda" (and Julia wasn't in today) so I was enlisted to pick up the gift. The arrangement was HUGE (I took a picture, but haven't uploaded it yet) and had come from the tour group I took last week as a demonstration of their appreciation. Not a bad way to start a Thursday...
Let's see...I took another tour around this afternoon and came home from work around 5:30 p.m. It's rainy here now, which has caused some problems because our air conditioning doesn't work, but rain comes inside when we open the windows.
To dispel any rumors that we eat well here, we had macaroni and cheese and frozen tamales for dinner tonight. Peas also--can't forget the peas. We're trying to eat the rest of our food before we go back to Utah. I think we may have to have a potluck feast the night before we leave with the rest of the Barlow-ites to dispose of the rest.
That's it for now. I have another 500 words to write about how I am going to change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment