Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our camera is cooler than anticipated.

Our camera actually used to be just my camera in the days before I shared everything. Now it is the Frost family camera and, it turns out, the thing is amazing.

I (yes, I, Amanda, not Jason!) took this picture at Union Station today! I spent a while this morning fiddling around with the special effects settings. I guess this is for if you are too lazy to use Photoshop, but I like it anyway.

Jason took the following wonderful photo (check out my coy blushing...okay, my cheeks are just permanently red and the "color accent" feature picked up on it) at the Marriott this morning.
Our Internet, however, is not amazing, which is why I can't finish loading today's pics. (Update: the Internet randomly began to work a little later).

Today was a fantastic day! We met Mom and Dad Frost for the best non-home-cooked breakfast in the world at the Marriott in Bethesda. After breakfast, we went into town on the Metro and went on a tour of the Capitol! We returned to Bethesda and ate at Rock Bottom, the restaurant where we ate with Jake and Dave when they were here over Christmas. Their presence was sorely missed :) Can little smiley faces like that stand in as punctuation? I feel weird writing :)., because then it looks like my little smile--intended to soften sarcasm or wry wit--has a facial deformity. Oh well.

After dinner, we went to see the temple. I imagine I've probably seen the Washington D.C. temple in person before, but I don't remember such an experience. I do remember a picture of it hanging on my bedroom wall when I was little and thinking that it was probably the most beautiful building in the world. As soon as we saw it through the trees tonight, my heart did a little leap; it really is a stunning building!
When I was younger, I thought I might want to get married in the D.C. temple because my parents did. Interestingly, Jason's parents got married there too! What are the odds!
I love the temple.
See (many of) you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment