Monday, January 25, 2010

A Good Day

The exciting news of today: the First Presidency announced a new temple in Payson, UT! Jason called to tell me while I was coming out of the metro and I almost couldn't believe it. It will be neat to see it come together over the next while.
In other news, Jason gets to take a class in Guarani, an indigenous language of Paraguay, Brazil, and parts of Argentina, and I started a project for the finance committee today.
Today was a beautiful day; it was sixty-five degrees out when I went to lunch! It's supposed to snow on Saturday, though. We also got our first taste of humidity today and it did a number on my hair...tomorrow will be a ponytail day for sure.

Update: I got an email from the Daily Universe asking for my input (as a distinguished Paysonite) on the new temple. I'm sure they won't use my excellent quote, but Hannah can look for it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Guarani? Thats awesome! I did my final project on that for my Spanish linguistics class last year. It's a really interesting language. Looks like you guys are having fun in DC. I'm so excited and happy for you two! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw that Payson is getting a new temple and I had to share the joy with you! Also congratulations on the job/internship in DC!

    PS. I have been watching the first couple seasons of the office and thinking of you- sounds like everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete