Thursday, January 7, 2010

Let it snow!

Look! It's all of the Frosts together at once! That doesn't happen very often.
It's supposed to snow approximately three inches tonight. Good thing we don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. I am definitely enjoying this Monday-Thursday workweek thing.
Exciting things that happened today:
1. Jason is doing our laundry. He's such a good husband.
2. We listened to the BYU basketball game last night (not today, but still a highlight). Awesome game.
3. Jason got to start a really intense research project at work today. It sounds like they are really putting him to good use.
4. I ate several Joe-Joes after dinner. FYI: A Joe-Joe is like an oreo, but it's made by Trader Joe's instead of by Nabisco and it has peppermint filling (!!) (I will try to bring some home to you, Mom!) instead of cream. Amazing.
5. Today I got to sort the Senator's schedules for the past year. I think it's surprising Congress can get anything done in between random fundraisers, meetings, and social commitments. If I ever get despondent about government, I'll just remember that the lawmakers are ridiculously busy.
6. I went to the flag office by myself. The building where I work is labyrinthine; lots of staircases skip floors and hallways that you think should go somewhere don't and some hallways look a lot like other hallways. Anyway, I went to the flag office for the first time yesterday to order a flag for a constituent (apparently you can request flags that have been flown over the capitol. I guess it makes a good Eagle Scout gift or something. It gets shipped to you with a nice certificate explaining the day it was flown and why...I'm obtaining so much interesting knowledge!) and today I found the office all by myself. I was not so lucky when I tried to find the post office this afternoon.
This is at the National Zoo from when Jason's family was visiting. I think it is a very nice picture!
Everyone at the Marriott. We really had a fantastic time with the Frosts. We sure miss you guys! Good news: there's a Rock Bottom by Jason's place of work. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon.
I worry that a blog doesn't feel very personal, but I hope you guys know that I think about and miss all of you EVERY DAY. Thanks for all of your support! We love you!
Sharla: Thanks for the email! I meant to respond more quickly, but I can't check my email at work and forgot to respond last night. You're great!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a typo in my last comment so I deleted it....anyway...I'm enjoying your blog and I check it every night. We had so much fun with you both and can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete